Eukanuba Renal - Veterinary Diets - Dog
Eukanuba Renal - Veterinary Diets is a diet food developed for dogs with kidney problems and contains special nutrients that reduce the symptoms and slow further development of the renal failure.
- Professional veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Choose from over 10,000 products!
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Chronic renal failure usually occurs in older animals. The main feature of the disease is a steady decrease in normal renal function. Chronic renal failure is caused by viral or bacterial infections of the kidneys, but the disorder can also occur after the animal has eaten a poisonous substance. In most cases, the exact cause can not be determined.
If your pet has developed the disease, you may notice it because the animal will drink more and urinate more often. When the kidneys fail to filter the waste products from the blood, the blood can become highly toxic. This causes symptoms such as lethargy, decreased appetite and/or vomiting, weight loss and/or diarrhoea. An adapted diet ensures that the residual renal function is maintained.
Key features of Eukanuba Renal - Veterinary Diets
- Supporting the kidneys
- Nitrogen Trap Fibre SystemTM (beet pulp, FOS, Arabic gum): helps to reduce the amount of nitrogen in the blood, allowing food with a moderate protein content to be given.
- Moderate high-quality protein content: helps to maintain the filtration rate of the kidneys.
- Custom ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids: helps to lower blood pressure in the kidneys and protects against inflammation at the cellular level.
- Reduced phosphorus content: soy protein isolate (reduced phosphorus content) helps to control high levels of phosphate in the blood in order to slow the progression of renal failure.
- Added potassium citrate: helps to control metabolic acidosis.
- Supporting the liver
- Nitrogen Trap Fibre System (beet pulp, FOS, Arabic gum) reduces the ammonia build-up that can occur with liver diseases (hepatic encephalopathy).
- Moderate high-quality protein content: a major component that makes possible the recovery of the liver and the preservation of hepatic function.
- Custom ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids: helps to counteract inflammation at the cellular level.
- Soy protein isolate: vegetable protein source for which it has been shown that it leads less frequently to hepatic encephalopathy.
- Nutrients that promote dogs' overall health and welfare
- Vitamin E: antioxidant to support a strong immune system.
- Beet pulp, a moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyric acid (a short chain fatty acid), this is the ideal energy source for intestinal cells and promotes a healthy intestinal tract.
- FOS (fructooligosaccharides): prebiotics which promote the health of the gastrointestinal tract and which has been clinically shown to help the balance of intestinal flora.
Kidney or liver disease.
Eukanuba Renal - Veterinary Diets helps control clinical symptoms (including anorexia, malnutrition, vomiting, metabolic acidosis, hepatic encephalopathy) associated with kidney and liver disorders through diet.
Do not use in
Maize, maize grits, rice, animal fat, fish meal, dried beet pulp, soy protein isolate, dried whole egg, hydrolysed chicken protein, poultry liver meal, fructooligosaccharides, brewer's yeast, calcium carbonate, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, flax seed.
Have you used Eukanuba Renal - Veterinary Diets - Dog before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review
Eukanuba Renal Veterinary Diets for Dog is a great food renal conditions. It’s balanced ingredients ensure a stable diet for your dog, I would definitely recommend this to dog owners who’s dogs have a similar condition
Product as advertised dog has been eating and enjoyed the food recommended by vet for is condition as long term time we only tell