Eukanuba Weight Diabetic Control - Veterinary Diets - Dog
Eukanuba Weight Diabetic Control - Veterinary Diets is a diet food developed specially for dogs suffering from diabetes and/or obesity.
- Professional veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Choose from over 10,000 products!
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Diabetes is more common in older dogs. The disease can be hereditary or caused by disorders in the pancreas. Usually, the exact cause cannot be determined. Obesity may play an important role in the development of diabetes. If your dog does develop diabetes, you may notice changes in its behaviour and physical condition.
Eating and drinking more
If a dog suffers from diabetes, its body has difficulty regulating blood sugar and using glucose as an energy source. Therefore, dogs with diabetes begin to eat more. Because food is not used efficiently, they can still lose weight at the same time. The unused glucose is excreted in the urine. Your dog will urinate more frequently and will compensate by drinking more.
At a later stage, your dog may become drowsy, lose its appetite and be nauseous. One of the major complications of untreated diabetes is the rapid development of cataracts, a serious eye condition, which eventually causes blindness.
Blood sugar level
Keeping the blood sugar level under control is the most important step in the treatment of diabetes. A proper diet plays a major role. Eukanuba Weight Diabetic Control - Veterinary Diets is a diet food formulated to reduce the blood sugar level and support insulin function.
Eukanuba Weight Diabetic Control - Veterinary Diets
Eukanuba Weight Diabetic Control - Veterinary Diets is designed to control sugar metabolism and weight problems through diet. It also helps provide other necessary nutrients to support the overall health and welfare of the dog. A special blend of carbohydrates and fibre helps to optimise the glucose and insulin response after a meal, and the lower fat content contributes to achieving and maintaining a healthy physical condition. Furthermore, L-carnitine promotes fat burning. This diet is also recommended for older dogs because they often have problems with their glucose metabolism and weight.
Composition and benefits
- Special carbohydrate blend (barley/sorghum): helps to optimise blood sugar after meals and insulin response
- Special fibre blend (FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides), beet pulp, Arabic gum): optimises the insulin and glucose response
- Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) helps to slow the absorption of glucose in the blood
- L-carnitine: facilitates the oxidation of fat
- Reduced fat content and an adjusted protein of animal origin: assists and helps maintain muscle mass in order to achieve a healthy body composition
- High quality protein of animal origin helps maintain muscle mass
- Customised proportion of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids helps counter inflammation at the cellular level
- Vitamin E: an antioxidant to support a strong immune system
- Beet pulp, a fibre that produces acid (short chain fatty acid), the ideal energy source for the intestinal cells and promotes a healthy gut
- FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides): prebiotics which promote the health of the gastrointestinal tract and preserve healthy intestinal bacteria
- DentalCare System: helps to reduce tartar formation in the mouth during and after eating
- High blood sugar level
- Dogs predisposed to obesity
- Older dogs that are overweight or have an impaired sugar metabolism
- Conditions that may benefit from a lower-fat diet, such as pancreatitis
Not for use in
- (Extreme) underweight
Sorghum, dehydrated chicken and turkey, barley, fish meal, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, dried whole eggs, fructooligosaccharides, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, brewer's dried yeast, flax seed, animal fat, sodium hexameta phosphate, sodium chloride.
Have you used Eukanuba Weight Diabetic Control - Veterinary Diets - Dog before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review