Hill's r/d Mini Weight Reduction - Prescription Diet - Canine
Hill's r/d Mini Weight Reduction Prescription Diet Canine is a diet food for small dogs suffering from obesity, or dogs who are overweight. The chunks are smaller than regular Hill's r/d Canine.
In stock - ordered before 8pm, same day dispatch
Delivery charge: £3.95 on orders up to £59
Hill's Prescription Diet Disclaimer
Hill's Prescription Diet products have been specially designed for use upon diagnosis of certain medical conditions and the use of this product must be supervised by a veterinarian
Before adding this product to your basket and purchasing it, please confirm the following:
- Your pet has been examined by a veterinarian who recommends the use of this product based on the diagnosis.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that the use of this product should be evaluated by your veterinarian every six months.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that your veterinarian should be contacted immediately if your pet's condition worsens in any way.
- Professional veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Choose from over 10,000 products!
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Obesity can cause problems for your dog, such as reduced energy and even a shorter lifespan. As with humans, obesity is usually caused by excessive calorie and fat intake, combined with inactivity. Obesity can lead to serious conditions, such as heart disease, arthritis and diabetes.
- Dogs that are overweight (obese)
- Dogs with diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
- Dogs with intestinal problems that can be improved by a high fibre content, such as colitis or constipation.
Not suitable for:
This diet food is not suitable for:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- Dogs that are weakened, thin or dehydrated
- Dogs with advanced heart, kidney or liver failure.
The high fibre content ensures increased satiety and a reduced appetite. It minimises fluctuations in blood sugar levels, reducing the amount of daily insulin needed during diabetic treatment. Movement of food through the digestive system is regulated, along with water absorption, stimulating bowel activity.
Hill's r/d Mini Canine nutrition
To treat obesity, the amount of food should be calculated on the basis of the estimated ideal target weight, and not the current weight of the obese animal.
Chicken (35%), poultry meal, maize, maize gluten meal, cellulose, pea meal, dried beet pulp, protein hydrolysate, animal fat (pig), potassium chloride, DL-methionine, flax seed, L-lysine, salt, L-carnitine, broken rice, vitamins and trace elements, beta-carotene.
Packaging for the Hill's Prescription Diet range is slowly being updated. It may therefore vary from images on site, however, the content remains the same.
Have you used Hill's r/d Mini Weight Reduction - Prescription Diet - Canine before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review