TROVET RRD Hypoallergenic (Rabbit) Dog
Trovet RRD Hypoallergenic (Rabbit) is an easily digestible diet food for dogs with food intolerances, based on just one protein (rabbit) and one carbohydrate source (rice)
- Free veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
- Allergies (more than 90% of cases): a reaction caused by (animal) protein, whereby the immune system reacts. Once developed, allergies can last a lifetime.
- Intolerance: a non-immune-related response.
Food hypersensitivity means that your pet has an excessive or adverse reaction to certain ingredients in its current diet. There are two types of hypersensitivity:
The associated symptoms can be identical for both forms, which makes a proper diagnosis difficult to achieve. The complaints are usually related to skin (redness, itching) and gastrointestinal symptoms (diarrhoea, vomiting) and therefore largely general and not very specific. Food hypersensitivity diagnosis is made based on the results of an elimination diet.
- A diet without animal protein (which cause most food allergies) such as TROVET Exclusion/NVD . This replaces animal proteins with vegetable proteins.
- A diet with hydrolysed (animal) protein. In this case, proteins are isolated/reduced in such a way that the animal's body does not recognise ingredients as allergens, so adverse reactions may be avoided
- A diet with so called ?novel? proteins, e.g. horse meat, quail, turkey, venison, rabbit or lamb. Since these animals are rarely used in commercial foodstuffs, it is unlikely that the animal has eaten them before and therefore cannot have developed an allergy previously. TROVET offers six such hypoallergenic diets which can all be followed up by a hypoallergenic food with the same protein. If you choose to use TROVET Unique Protein Rabbit and it eliminates your dog's food allergies, you can continue to use TROVET Hypoallergenic Rabbit (RRD) indefinitely.
The purpose of an elimination diet is to stop the dog's symptoms of intolerance. This can be done in several ways:
Hypoallergenic diet food:
TROVET RRD is hypoallergenic because it contains rabbit meat and rice, a combination which is known to seldom cause allergic reactions in dogs. By switching to a hypoallergenic diet food like TROVET RRD, reactions such as scratching, rubbing and biting are slowly reduced. Alongside the food, you can also choose Trovet Hypoallergenic Treats, for responsible snacks. In addition, TROVET RRD contains all the essential nutrients for your dog in optimal amounts. It is important to understand that some complaints, such as skin conditions, will only improve slowly. If symptoms decrease or disappear entirely, a food allergy can be successfully diagnosed.
Food allergy and intolerance. This food is also suitable for puppies with these disorders.
Not suitable for:
Dogs with hypersensitivity to rabbit protein.
The recommended initial term of use is 3-8 weeks. If the symptoms of hypersensitivity disappear, Hypoallergenic (Rabbit) can be used indefinitely. Strict observance of the prescribed diet is highly important.
- Thickness: 10 mm
- Length: 10,5 mm
Ingredients of TROVET Hypoallergenic rabbit (RRD):
- Trovet Hypoallergenic Rabbit (RRD) dry food: cereals (rice), meat and animal derivatives (rabbit), oils and fats (poultry fat, flax seed oil), vegetable products (beet pulp), minerals
- Trovet Hypoallergenic Rabbit (RRD) wet food: Meat and animal derivatives (rabbit), cereals (rice), minerals.
Have you used TROVET RRD Hypoallergenic (Rabbit) Dog before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review
Very good product suits my dog very well, will continue to purchase. Good service from vetsend.
Very good product. Excellent for my dog who suffers from pancreatitis. Quick delivery without any damaged cans. Couldn't wish for better. Thank you
For my dog rabbit red very good product for my dog.
My dog has a very sensitive stomach and I was disappointed by both the poor quality and extortionate price of some other specialist anti-allergy foods. Very happy to have found this product by Trovet - arrived as described and on time, my dog loves it and it's actually made of proper nutritious ingredients. Great!