Bonpard Colon is suitable for horses with a disturbed intestinal flora in the appendix or large intestine.
In stock - delivery: 2-4 working days
Delivery charge: £3.95 on orders up to £59
Bonpard products have been specially designed for use upon diagnosis of certain medical conditions and the use of this product must be supervised by a veterinarian
Before adding this product to your basket and purchasing it, please confirm the following:
- Your horse has been examined by a veterinarian who recommends the use of this product based on the diagnosis.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that the use of this product should be evaluated by your veterinarian every six months.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that your veterinarian should be contacted immediately if your horse's condition worsens in any way.
- Free Vetsend Mystery Box
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Bonpard Colon has been specially developed for horses with colic as a result of an accumulation of gas in the large intestine and for horses with chronic laminitis. Both conditions are the result of a disruption of the intestinal flora in the appendix and large intestine. Poorly digested manure or diarrhoea are usually also symptoms of a disturbed appendix and bowel function.
Bonpard Colon is a fibre-rich feed with a low starch and sugar content. It is suitable for horses with a metabolic disorder (insulin resistance) and can be fed to your horse to support the healing of stomach ulcers.
A healthy appendix and colon are essential for your horse's health. The combination of fibres in Bonpard Colon stimulates a healthy intestinal flora. If the contents of the intestine become to acidic, the "good" bacteria are the first to die. That is why Bonpard Colon contains live yeast cells. These promote the growth of bacteria that break down fibres and help to prevent the acidification of the bowel contents.
A disruption of the intestinal flora is a common problem, this can play up due to the flow of undigested starch to the colon. Bonpard Colon contains a low amount of specially released starch to reduce this. The low protein and starch content and the pre-treated released starch sources ensure that the small intestine digests these efficiently, so that they do not flow to the large intestine and to the appendix. Bonpard Colon is carefully prepared with attention to minerals and vitamins that improve the hoof quality and promote recovery after illness.
- Provide a salt block in your horse's stable.
- Do not give your horse any supplements or additives other than Bonpard, unless these are prescribed by a veterinarian.
- Weigh Bonpard in a feeding scoop on a set of bathroom scales.
- It is important to feed your horse the correct quantities, so weigh hay on your bathroom scales or balancing scales (in a hay net) every 3 months. Also do this at the beginning of the stable season, every time you bring in a new lot of hay, and for every new feeder.
- Shelf life: up to 6 months after the production date (see packaging). Storage conditions: Cool and dry.
Bonpard diet food can only be given following a diagnosis made by your veterinarian.
Oatmeal pellets, released barley flakes, alfalfa, dried apple pomace, wheat bran, flax seed oil, Carob pods, toasted soya beans, coarse alfalfa, vitamin and mineral premix, extruded flax seed, carrot flakes, wheat feed, Yeasacc.
Have you used Bonpard Colon before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review