Bonpard Mare & Foal
Bonpard Mare & Foal is fully tailored to the needs of the pregnant or nursing mare and the growing foal.
In stock - delivery: 2-4 working days
Delivery charge: £3.95 on orders up to £59
Bonpard products have been specially designed for use upon diagnosis of certain medical conditions and the use of this product must be supervised by a veterinarian
Before adding this product to your basket and purchasing it, please confirm the following:
- Your horse has been examined by a veterinarian who recommends the use of this product based on the diagnosis.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that the use of this product should be evaluated by your veterinarian every six months.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that your veterinarian should be contacted immediately if your horse's condition worsens in any way.
- Free Vetsend Mystery Box
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Bonpard Mare & Foal
Pregnant and nursing mares and growing foals have different nutritional requirements to other horses. The foal is particularly vulnerable to health problems. These may have arisen before the foal was born. An optimal nutrition for the mare contributes to a good health, high quality colostrum and a good milk production. Bonpard Mare & Foal is fully tailored to the needs of the pregnant or nursing mare and the growing foal.
Bonpard Mare & Foal mainly contains fats as a highly digestible source of energy. The feed has a low starch and sugar content. This, together with roughage, contributes to a healthy and stable intestinal flora. As a result, the mare produce healthier colostrum and milk for the foal. In addition, it contains the nutrients that a growing foal needs up to the age of 1. With Bonpard Mare & Foal, you have the convenience of a single concentrated feed for both the mare and the foal.
Nutritional requirements of the mare and the foal
Bonpard Mare & Foal mainly contains fats as a source of energy and has low starch and sugar contents. This reduces the risk of fermentation disorders (colic, loose manure) in the mare and contributes to the production of healthy colostrum and milk for the foal. These low starch and sugar contents are also good for the foal, as it has a lower risk of defects in the articular cartilage (osteochondrosis) and stomach ulcers.
The Mare & Foal muesli from Bonpard contains high levels of protein, copper, Vitamin E and selenium. In addition, the feed contains the right amino acids. This is important for a good bone, joint and muscle development in the foal and a healthy milk production in the mare. Because the foal does not need a lot of the concentrated feed, it will be stimulated to eat a lot of roughage. This stimulates the bowel development and helps prevent problems with weaning, such as stomach ulcers and bad behaviour in the stable.
- Weigh the required amount of feed and mark the amount that you need on a feeding scoop.
- Occasionally weigh the hay or silage.
- Allow the pregnant mare to get used to the feed for two weeks. You can start using the feed halfway through the seventh month of the mare's pregnancy.
- Give the feed in at least two daily portions (3 of 4 meals is better). Never give horses more than 2 kg per meal and never give foals more than 1 kg.
- Use excellent quality hay or silage that feels soft and smells fresh for both the mare and the foal.
- Shelf life: up to 6 months after the production date (see packaging). Storage conditions: Cool and dry.
Bonpard diet food can only be given following a diagnosis made by your veterinarian.
Alfalfa, soya pellets, released barley flakes, oatmeal pellets, toasted soya beans, sunflower oil, released maize flakes, oat flakes, wheat bran, wheat meal, dicalcium phosphate, vitamin and mineral premix, molashine, biolys.
Have you used Bonpard Mare & Foal before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review