Bonpard Senior has been specially developed for older horses and horses that have trouble chewing.
Shipped after 1 working day
Delivery charge: £3.95 on orders up to £59
Bonpard products have been specially designed for use upon diagnosis of certain medical conditions and the use of this product must be supervised by a veterinarian
Before adding this product to your basket and purchasing it, please confirm the following:
- Your horse has been examined by a veterinarian who recommends the use of this product based on the diagnosis.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that the use of this product should be evaluated by your veterinarian every six months.
- By accepting this disclaimer you accept and understand that your veterinarian should be contacted immediately if your horse's condition worsens in any way.
- Free Vetsend Mystery Box
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Bonpard Senior has been specially developed for older horses and horses that have trouble chewing. This can cause digestive problems in horses and lead to difficulties in absorbing nutrients. Not being able to chew as well can be due to excessive wear of the teeth and molars in older horses, but it may also be a result of recovery from invasive dental treatment or jaw trauma. This feed can be fed dry as well as wet.
Bonpard Senior contains ingredients that can be easily and effectively digested, even when the horse cannot chew properly. This feed contains all of the necessary minerals, trace elements and vitamins for older horses in optimal proportions. Due to reduced organ functions and bowel function, older horses need a higher proportion of a number of nutrients.
Nutrients for older horses
Not only are older horses prone to excessive wear of the teeth and molars, causing chewing problems, their nutritional requirements also change. This is due to the reduced organ function and bowel function of older animals. For example, senior horses need a better protein quality and more vitamins, minerals and trace elements. The proteins help prevent a loss of muscle mass.
Bonpard Senior contains ingredients including the special chaff of oats, alfalfa and bran. These ingredients are rich in fibre and stimulate an active and healthy bowel function and bowel fermentation. In addition, this feed supports the balance of bacteria with special pectin fibres from apple pulp and living yeast cells. Vitamin A, C, E, zinc, selenium and Omega 3 fatty acids support the horse's resistance.
- Provide a salt block in your horse's stable.
- Do not give your horse any supplements or additives other than Bonpard, unless these are prescribed by a veterinarian.
- Weigh Bonpard in a feeding scoop on a set of bathroom scales.
- It is important to feed your horse the correct quantities, so weigh hay on your bathroom scales or balancing scales (in a hay net) every 3 months. Also do this at the beginning of the stable season, every time you bring in a new lot of hay, and for every new feeder.
- Shelf life: up to 6 months after the production date (see packaging). Storage conditions: Cool and dry.
Bonpard diet food can only be given following a diagnosis made by your veterinarian.
Released barley flakes, oatmeal pellets, alfalfa, released maize flakes, wheat meal, flax seed oil, wheat bran, released oat flakes, vitamin and mineral premix, extruded flax seed, released pea flakes, coarse alfalfa, carob pods, apple pulp and Yeasacc.
Have you used Bonpard Senior before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review