Pavo FoalMilk is foal milk specially designed for motherless foals, but can also be given as a supplement.
- Free veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Mare milk for foals
A mare's milk has a special composition with plenty of sugars and very little dry matter. Cow's milk is very different, which makes it less suitable for foals. For this reason, Pavo FoalMilk mirrors the composition of mare's milk and thus meets the nutritional needs of orphaned foals. Orphaned foals reared on Pavo FoalMilk are able to develop normally an keep up with foals reared on the mare's milk.
Only prepare as much foal milk as needed in 12 hours. You can reheat pre-prepared foal milk using the 'bain-marie' technique (bain-marie is heating something in or above warm water to prevent curdling or scorching). Take a large pan or bowl (minimum 1 litre) and put this into or above a larger pan with hot water. Using a microwave is also possible.
To make 1 litre of foal milk:
- Take a bowl with a volume of at least 1 litre
- Add 300 ml cold water
- Next add 400 ml boiling water to regulate the overall temperature at ± 60 ºC
- Add one scoop (= 100 grams) of Pavo FoalMilk powder and stir until dissolved
- Finally stir in 300 ml of cold water to bring the temperature to ± 40 ºC for 1 litre of lukewarm foal milk
Pavo FoalMilk powder has a shelf life of 1 year.
Have you used Pavo FoalMilk before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review