- Professional veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Choose from over 10,000 products!
- Free returns *
- Product Description
SandClear removes sand from the horse's intestine and thereby reduces the risk of obstruction by sand colic.
For treating constipation and sand colic
SandClear contains 100% natural psyllium husks in a molasses base for effective removal of accumulated sand. The natural fibres absorb water and turn into a perfect knit to bind the sand. By removing the sand, the risk of sand colic or obstruction of the intestine is substantially reduced. Real sand eaters should be treated once a month. Sand nibblers can be treated halfway through and after a sand-eating period.
Preferably administer the dry granules by mixing with the feed. When mixed with "wet" food: mix at the last possible moment and give immediately. Administer SandClear for 7 consecutive days. This can be repeated 1 to 12 times per year.
- Adult horses (approx. 500 - 600 kg): 1-11/2 measuring cup (approx. 135 - 180 grams)
- Heavier horses: 2 measuring cups (approx. 270 grams)
- Ponies, foals and yearlings: 3/4 measuring cup (approx. 100 grams)
In addition to providing SandClear, it might be wise (if possible) to place your horse in a meadow where there is plenty of grass, or in a paddock with entertainment, where distractions can reduce the amount of sand eaten.
Have you used SandClear before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review