Silycure is made of silibine, a flavonoid present in the seeds of the milk thistle. Silybum marianum protects and promotes healthy liver function. Suitable for dogs and cats.
- Professional veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Choose from over 10,000 products!
- Free returns *
- Product Description
The packaging of Silycure is currently being renewed. Silycure will now be delivered in tablets of 40 or 160 mg. For the right dosage, please consult the package leaflet.
Silycure ensures a healthy liver and gall bladder. Silybin is a part of silymarin, a mixture of flavonoids - plant metabolites with antioxidant effects - derived from the plant Silybum marianum. Silybin is the component with the greatest biochemical activity. Silybin ensures the activation of enzyme systems that have a detoxifying effect and helps in the fight against common liver problems.
- Free radicals are effectively neutralised by the effects of powerful antioxidants. Glutathione stabilises the cell membranes and reduces the peroxidation (degrading) of fats. Sylicure Fendigo increases the levels of glutathione in the liver (+35%), bowels and stomach.
- It also helps in the formation and secretion of bile.
Dosage and application:
- Silycure is a food supplement: each 25 mg bottle contains 60 tablets. For cats and dogs up to 10 kg.
- Silycure 150 mg bottle contains 30 tablets. For dogs weighing more than 10 kg.
You should administer 10 mg per kilogram of body weight (= 1 tablet per 2.5 kg) preferably divided into two doses for 30 days. This may be repeated if necessary. Additionally, the dose may be doubled for 8 days. The division of the daily dose for administering at different times increases the efficiency. The tablets, which are small and tasty, may be given with or without food. They can be administered directly by mouth or be mixed with food (crushed or whole). Store at room temperature. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Have you used Silycure before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review
I had previously had these tablets prescribed by a vet in France so was pleased to be able to buy them on line. They suit her better than milk thistle tablets with no side effects.