TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat
TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat is a hypoallergenic diet food that has been specially developed for cats with renal insufficiency.
- Be noticed! Delayed delivery due to corona
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Choose from over 10,000 products!
- Free returns *
- Product Description
The kidneys' most important job is to naturally detoxify the body. In the event of kidney failure (poorly functioning kidneys), depending on the severity, the kidneys are either unable to do this or unable to do this effectively. Toxic substances can accumulate in the blood and put strain on the organism. A tailored food helps spare the kidneys and reduce harmful effects on the organism.
TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat
TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat is a specially tailored diet food based on the requirements of adult cats' with kidney failure. The food has a limited protein content and a minimal phosphorus content in order to reduce the strain on the kidneys. Omega-3 fatty acids have been added to reduce inflammation in the kidneys. TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat contains extra energy. In the event of a reduced appetite, the cat can eat a smaller amount of this food and still get its required daily energy. The food contains venison as the only animal protein source and rice as the only source of carbohydrates and is therefore highly suitable for cats with food hypersensitivities.
Key features of TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat
- Supports the kidneys in regulating the moisture and electrolyte balance in the body and helps remove waste substances.
- The high organic value of the food provides very few "leftover amino acids" that function as a supplier for the degradation product ureum.
- Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) help reduce inflammation in the kidneys.
- Hypoallergenic diet based on a single animal protein source (venison) and a single source of carbohydrates (rice).
- Helps reduce immunological reactions (food allergies) or non- immunological reactions (food intolerance) in the form of skin problems and/or gastrointestinal problems (diarrhoea, vomiting).
- Kidney failure and insufficiency
- Food allergies
- Food intolerance
Not suitable for
- Pregnant and lactating cats
- Intolerance or hypersensitivity to venison protein
The recommended usage for TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat is a maximum of 6 months initially for (chronic) renal insufficiency and 3 to 8 weeks initially for food allergies and intolerance. If prolonged usage is prescribed, TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat can be given as a complete diet food for an indefinite period of time.
- TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat dry food: rice, rice protein, poultry fat, venison meal, fish oil, beet pulp, cellulose, potassium chloride, vitamins and minerals, poultry liver (hydrolysate), calcium carbonate and sodium chloride.
- TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat wet food: venison, rice, fish oil, vitamins and minerals, sunflower oil and olive oil.
Have you used TROVET Renal RID (Venison) Cat before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review
My cat has diabetes and inflammatory bowel decease so is limited on what he can have, I've tried him on many foods but the Venison wet food is a single protein so good for his gut and he loves it. I do have trouble finding stock of the food and vetsend have been excellent.
When we discovered that the cat we rescued had the kidney deficiency we started looking for a good quality wet food, which was a bit challenging since we lived in Abu Dhabi then and there were constant issues with supplies. We switched to Trovet venison since the cat preferred it. Now we are back in the UK and happy to be able to order online rather than at the vet's. Hopefully, there are not going to be problems with the stock. Though it is rather pricey, since the cat likes it we would continue to order