TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog
Trovet Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog is an easily digestible diet food for dogs with food hypersensitivity based on a single protein and carbohydrate source (turkey and potato).
- Free veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- More than 10,000 products available
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Occurs when your pet has an excessive or allergic reaction to certain ingredients in its food. There are two types of hypersensitivity:
- Allergy (more than 90% of cases): a reaction caused by (animal) protein, whereby the immune system reacts negatively. Once developed, it can remain a lifelong allergy.
- Intolerance: an non-immune related response.
- The associated symptoms can be identical for both types, which can hamper a proper diagnosis. The complaints are mostly skin (redness, itching) and gastrointestinal symptoms (diarrhoea, vomiting) and are therefore quite general and unspecific. A food sensitivity diagnosis is made on the basis of the results of an elimination diet.
The purpose of an elimination diet is to stop the dog's symptoms of intolerance. This can be done in several ways:
- Diet without animal protein (the main source of food allergies) such as TROVET Exclusion/NVD. This replaces animal proteins with vegetable proteins.
- A diet with hydrolysed (animal) proteins, in which an attempt is made to split/reduce the proteins to such an extent that the body doesn't recognise them as an allergen and therefore the animal doesn't have an allergic reaction.
- A diet with 'novel' proteins such as horse, quail, turkey, venison, rabbit or lamb. These protein sources are less likely to provoke an allergic reaction, because they are rarely used in commercial foods, so your pet is unlikely to have been exposed to them before. TROVET has 6 different elimination diets which can all be followed by a hypoallergenic diet with the same protein source. If you have chosen to start an elimination diet based on TROVET Unique Protein Turkey, you can then give your dog TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog for life if it has positive results.
Hypoallergenic diet food
TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog is also called 'hypoallergenic' because the combination of turkey and potato is known to rarely cause a hypersensitive reaction. By switching to a hypoallergenic diet food such as TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog, reactions such as scratching, rubbing and biting will be slowly reduced. In addition, TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog contains all of the essential nutrients for your dog in optimal amounts. Please note that not all symptoms will immediately diminish or disappear. Skin conditions improve gradually over time. If the symptoms reduce or disappear entirely, your pet will be diagnosed with a food hypersensitivity.
Animals with food allergies and intolerances. This food is also suitable for puppies with these disorders.
Not suitable for:
Animals with a hypersensitivity to animal proteins derived from turkey.
The initial recommended use 3 to 8 weeks. If the hypersensitivity symptoms disappear, your pet can be switched over to TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) indefinitely. The strict observance of the diet prescription is of great importance.
Ingredients TROVET Hypoallergenic TPC (Turkey) Dog
Meat and animal derivatives (turkey), vegetable products (potato, guar gum), oils and fats (sunflower oil, olive oil), minerals.
Have you used TROVET Hypoallergenic TPD (Turkey) Dog before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review