Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Kidney for Dogs (Previously: VetComplex Renal)
Virbac Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Kidney is diet food for dogs with chronic heart insufficiency (CHI) or chronic renal insufficiency (CRI). It is also given as a preventive treatment to dogs with recurring urate stones.
- Free veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Kidney Support
Diet food designed to prevent further deterioration of the kidneys resulting from chronic renal insufficiency. Poor kidneys have difficulty disposing of waste, and this food reduces the intake of harmful elements. Because of poor functioning kidneys, the loss of certain substances may also occur. These are supplemented by this food. In cardiac insufficiency, the diet is an essential part of the medical treatment, as it can help lower high blood pressure (hypertension). Animals that suffer from chronic cardiac or renal insufficiency often have a decreased appetite, therefore the food has a great flavour and several ingredients to help promote a healthy appetite.
- Support of renal function in chronic renal insufficiency.
- Chronic heart insufficiency.
- Chronic liver insufficiency.
- Prevention of recurrent urinary tract stones consisting of urate or oxalate.
Do not use in:
- Growing puppies.
- Conditions or situations in which an enhanced uptake of proteins is required, such as in pregnant or lactating bitches.
- Dogs with hypoproteinaemia (shortage of protein in the blood).
- Dogs predisposed to struvite stone formation.
- The food contains a high content of fat and energy in small volumes, so that animals that do not eat much can still get a sufficient energy intake.
- The enclosing fats make the food more appealing.
- The protein concentration is low and of very good quality to minimise the strain on the kidneys.
- The Omega-3 fatty acids content supports the blood vessels in and around the kidneys in order to reduce deterioration.
- Calcium, potassium and sodium are added in suitable concentrations in order to reduce the side effects of existing conditions.
- The high content of arginine supports protein processing.
- The adjusted content of soluble fibre helps to reduce the nitrogen load on the body.
- The reduced content of phosphorus helps reduce excess phosphorus in the blood and maintains healthy renal function.
- The calcium content helps to reduce an overactive parathyroid gland which often occurs in kidney disorders.
- The high content of potassium compensates for natural loss through the kidneys.
- The limited sodium content contributes to reducing high blood pressure.
- Vitamin E, selenium, and tomato lycopene (an antioxidant complex) protect against the ageing of somatic cells.
- Regulates heart contractions, facilitates blood circulation and protects vessels and heart muscles through antioxidant action.
- Contributes to the reduction of concentrated phosphorus, ammonia and urea in the blood and thus helps maintain the function of the kidneys.
- Contains lots of Omega-3 fatty acids for slowing the deterioration of the kidneys.
Rice, pork and poultry dehydrated protein*, animal fats, whole pea*, potato starch, bean hulls, mineral salts, lignocellulose, linseed, pork and poultry hydrolysed protein*, beet pulp, fish oil, fructo-oligosaccharides, chitosan, pasteurised Lactobcaillus acidophilus.
Have you used Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Kidney for Dogs (Previously: VetComplex Renal) before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review
A fussy eater who loves this product.
Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Kidney for Dogs with diagnosed renal condition, is a complex mix of foods suitable for your dog and Wolfie loves it, That’s a big ???? from Wolfie
A very quick and efficient ordering and delivery. An excellent product which is being devoured by what was a very poorly dog. Thank you.