Pronefra is a palatable oral suspension that supports renal function in cases of chronic renal failure (kidney failure) in cats and dogs.
- Free veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
Renal failure in cats and dogs
Chronic renal insufficiency (kidney failure) is a common problem in older cats and dogs. Kidney failure means that the kidneys are unable to carry out their proper function, filtering blood and excreting waste products in the urine.
Virbac Pronefra is a tasty oral mixture based on the combined effects of five specific ingredients (calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, chitosan, polysaccharides of Astragalus and marine oligopeptides).
These ingredients have the following four vital effects:
- Calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate help bind phosphate in the gastrointestinal tract, reducing its availability.
- Chitosan helps to bind urea-toxins in the gastrointestinal tract.
- The polysaccharides of the Astragalus help maintain normal kidney structure by reducing the progression of fibrosis.
- The marine oligopeptides contribute to balanced blood pressure.
The power of Pronefra
- Limits availability of phosphate
- Binds toxins in the kidneys
- Supports and maintains normal kidney structure
- Pronefra contributes to balanced blood pressure
Pronefra can be poured over the food of can be given directly into the mouth while using the syringe. A syringe is included. This syringe is based on the body weight of the cat or dog, and allows for easy and correct dosage. Shake well before use.
- 60ml: Is suitable for cats and small dogs up to 5 kg. Cats can be given 1 ml per 4 kg of body weight, twice a day. Small dogs can be given 1 ml per 5 kg of body weight, twice a day. Dosage must be converted when your pet is lighter in weight.
- 180ml: Is suitable for bigger dogs from 5 kg. Dogs can be given 1 ml per 5 kg of body weight, twice a day.
Astragalus (9.5%), meat and animal derivatives (poultry), calcium carbonate (3.57%), fish protein hydrolysate (1.9%), magnesium carbonate (0.95%), chitosan (0.95%) and glycerides. Additives per kg: technical additives: butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), E 321 (1b): 190 mg*; Polyoxyethylene-20-sorbitan-monooleate, E 433 (1): 4800 mg.
The packaging leaflet of this product can be found under the section "leaflet".
Have you used Virbac Pronefra before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review
Excellent products & service , really good communication & they go the extra mile , very pleased & will definitely recommend .
Excellent product which I found and used for my dog in Autumn 2019 when out vets new nothing about it , and I had to send them link about Pronefra. It has slowed down CKD progression without any other medications. Sadly, most of the online suppliers say "out of stock", and those who still have this product - have increased its price 50% or more.
quick delivery! works perfect for the support of renal function.