Calibra's history dates back to 2001. Together with the help of veterinarians, they developed a new range of dry food, specially formulated for pets. The food is made from natural ingredients, which are also suitable for pets with food intolerance or a sensitive digestive system.
Calibra works with several natural and tasty basic ingredients, each with its special characteristics:
- Chicken: a highly digestible, low-fat protein source that is tolerated by most pets.
- Lamb: lamb is an easily digestible meat source with a high nutritional value; very suitable for sensitive pets.
- Salmon and salmon oil: Contains biologically valuable proteins, peptides, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids, to support the immune system and to improve the quality of the skin and coat.
- Duck: a tasty, hypoallergenic meat source filled with proteins and minerals.
- Turkey: an easily digestible protein source with a low fat content.
- Poultry meat meal: a source of protein and easy to digest, it also gives the food a delicious flavour
- Rice: a hypoallergenic and easily digestible grain product with a high carbohydrate content.
- Potatoes: a naturally gluten-free ingredient and a source of highly digestible carbohydrates.
In addition to these tasty basic ingredients, the recipes contain a combination of vitamins, minerals and a number of other useful additions:
- Seaweed: supports the immune system and helps reduce the formation of plaque and tartar.
- Mix of herbs and fruits: a delicious combination of orange, rosemary, thyme and parsley extracts. Helps reduce harmful bacteria and support the immune system.
- Yucca extract: this palm-like plant contributes to healthy intestinal function and digestion. Also helps to reduce bad odours.
- Beta-glucans: glucans are found in grains such as oats and in yeasts and mushrooms. They support the immune system.
- Fructooligosaccharides and mannan-oligosaccharides: prebiotics to promote intestinal function and the immune system.
- Chondroprotective: these are chondroitin and glucosamine. They protect the cartilage and support the joints.
- Biological selenium: supports the body's immune system.
- Zinc Chelate: has a positive contribution to the health of the skin and coat.
- Calcium and phosphorus: supports optimal growth and development of bones and joints.
Calibra has 4 types of pet food, specially tailored to the complete nutritional needs of your dog or cat.
Does your pet benefit from special diet food due to health problems? Veterinary Diets provide support for the most common health issues in your pet. For example, food hypersensitivity is a common issue in dogs and cats. The Calibra Dog Veterinary Diets - Hypoallergenic Skin & Coat Support for dogs and the Calibra Cat Veterinary Diets - Hypoallergenic Skin & Coat Support for cats provide the right support. You will find the full range of Calibra Veterinary Diets Dog and Calibra Veterinary Diets Cat here.
There is Calibra Expert Nutrition for the specific nutritional needs of your dog or cat. Expert Nutrition's recipes are specially tailored to the specific nutritional needs of your pet. For example, Calibra Dog Expert Nutrition Neutered is a recipe that's developed especially for neutered or sterilised dogs. This dry food is designed to fit the environment and lifestyle of your pet.
Grain-free dog or cat food can help reduce allergic reactions in your pet. Calibra has a grain-free food line for hypersensitive pets: Calibra Grain Free Dog and Calibra Grain Free Cat.
Calibra Hypoallergenic is hypoallergenic food that you can give your dog or cat permanently. The food is available for puppies, junior, adult and senior dogs in three sizes: small, medium and large dog breeds. The food line is also available for kittens, adults and senior cats. This way you give your beloved pet the very best for the rest of its life!