Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Gastro for Dogs (Previously: VetComplex Digestive)has been specifically developed for use after diagnosis and under supervision of a veterinarian. Before you can purchase this product, please confirm the following:
- Your pet has been examined by a veterinarian, who has recommend this product after diagnosis.
- You understand and agree that you should seek the advice of your veterinarian regarding the use of this product at least every 6 months.
- You understand and agree that if your pet's condition should deteriorate in any way, you should immediately seek the advice of your veterinarian.
Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Gastro Digestive Support
An easily digestible food with the right combination of ingredients is important for dogs with gastrointestinal disorders and/or liver problems. The composition of the Gastro Clinical Diet from Virbac protects the stomach and intestinal tract. The bacterial flora of the large intestine is also supported to help maintain optimum health, reducing the risk of a disruption of the bacterial composition. This nutritional diet can be provided for life, or during a time of ill health.
- Maldigestion malabsorption syndrome (where the absorption of nutrients and digestion are disturbed in the gastrointestinal tract)
- Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine
- Large dogs with an increased risk of gastric dilatation / gastric torsion
- Impaired functioning of the pancreas
- Acute colitis (inflammation of the colon)
- Megacolon (enlarged, elongated colon)
- Recovery after surgery in which there is no weight loss or tube feeding
Not suitable for
- Cases of digestive disturbances during the first phase of growth.
- When used after the first phase of growth, this diet has no negative side effects and can be given throughout the dog's adult life.
The composition of this Virbac food ensures that it is very easy to digest despite the intestines not functioning at their optimum level. The content of proteins prevents overloading of the liver. The starch (treated with water) is easier to handle for the body and produces a slower response than unprocessed starch. The soluble fibre promotes a healthy bacterial composition and keeps the lining of the large intestine healthy. Veterinary HPM Clinical Diet - Gastro Digestive Support chunks are coated with fat, making them very palatable. The nutritional supply also contains a high energy content which makes it possible to give small portions to the dog, therefore relieving the burden on the intestines, easing digestion. A high content of the essential fatty acids, Omega-3 and 6, which are present at an optimum ratio, help reduce inflammation. The added Vitamin E and Selenium (a complex antioxidant) protects the cells against ageing.
Pork and poultry dehydrated protein*, rice*, animal fat, lignocellulose, pork and poultry hydrolysed protein, potato starch, mineral salts, beet pulp, fish oil*, psyllium fibre, fructo-oligosaccharides, yeast nucleotides, yeast beta glucan, butyrate salts, pasteurised Lacobacillus acidophilus.
*highly digestible ingredients
Other customers also bought
1 - 5 of 10 Reviews
contentAnswer from Medpets
My dog suffered irregular bouts of nigh time toilet issues. He has been on Vetsend HMP now for about three years and I can honestly say it cured his condition and made him a happy dog and us happy owners. It was first purchased from our vet on their recommendation.
My dog enjoys the hard food more as a snack but I’m satisfied knowing that she’s had good quality.
My spaniel has a sensitive stomach and this food suits him very well.
Helped my dog loads
This an excellent product if your dog has colitis. Since going on the food, my dog has had no issues with her stomach and has gone from being a dog that had 'accidents' quite regularly to having none at all. The only issue with this order has been that the company use Evri to deliver their products and this company is very unreliable when delivering in my area.