Use discount code: PROMO2122 for a 5% discount
BugsforPets Dog - Pressed Dry Foodhas been specifically developed for use after diagnosis and under supervision of a veterinarian. Before you can purchase this product, please confirm the following:
- Your pet has been examined by a veterinarian, who has recommend this product after diagnosis.
- You understand and agree that you should seek the advice of your veterinarian regarding the use of this product at least every 6 months.
- You understand and agree that if your pet's condition should deteriorate in any way, you should immediately seek the advice of your veterinarian.
The composition of BugsforPets Dog - Compressed Chunk has been improved! The diet still contains only one single protein source and one single fat source. This means that this food remains suitable for sensitive dogs or an elimination diet.
BugsforPets is a Dutch family business that specialises in animal food based on insects. The dog food from BugsforPets contains a single protein source, insects. In Europe, insects are rarely used as a source of protein in pet food. This means that the risk of your dog has developed an allergy to insects is very small. Hypersensitivity to food means that the dog has a(n) (excessive or allergic) reaction to specific ingredients in the food.
- Insect protein as the only source of protein
- 100% Dutch product
- Insect meal as a highly sustainable protein source
- Free from wheat gluten and chemical colourings and flavourings
- Is pressed and not extruded
- The protein is easily digestible and highly suitable for dogs with sensitive intestines
Pressed dry food
An important fact about the food is that it is pressed and not extruded. The difference between these two techniques is in the temperature. When pressing, the food is produced at a lower temperature, while extruding it requires a much higher temperature. The low production temperature for pressing prevents the ingredients from being affected or lost, something that can happen when processing foods at higher temperatures, such as extrusion.
The processing of the Black Soldier Flies in the BugsforPets dog food takes place in the Netherlands. The BSF fly has a life cycle of just 8 weeks. In addition, the number of litres of water needed to produce proteins from the meat of this fly is very low. To process in 1 kg of protein from the BSF flies, about 8 litres of water are used, where 8350 litres of water are needed to gain 1 kg of protein from cows. The BSF larvae are cultivated exclusively with vegetable materials, under GMP+ certification by an NVWA accredited grower.
Soluble potato, insect meal (22%), soluble peas, soluble sweet potato, locust bean meal, monocalcium phosphate, coconut fat, sunflower oil, chalk.
Other customers also bought
Do you have experience with BugsforPets Dog - Pressed Dry Food ? Give us your opinion about this productWrite your own review