Dermoscent SunFREE for Dogs & Catshas been specifically developed for use after diagnosis and under supervision of a veterinarian. Before you can purchase this product, please confirm the following:
- Your pet has been examined by a veterinarian, who has recommend this product after diagnosis.
- You understand and agree that you should seek the advice of your veterinarian regarding the use of this product at least every 6 months.
- You understand and agree that if your pet's condition should deteriorate in any way, you should immediately seek the advice of your veterinarian.
Dermoscent SunFREE is a skin-friendly and zinc-free SPF 30+ sun cream specially developed for dogs and cats. The cream moisturises the skin and helps protect it against dehydration caused by exposure to the sun. The sun cream contains a UV filter of titanium oxide and aluminium oxide, as well as natural Candelilla wax. This makes the sun cream suitable for dogs and cats with sensitive skin.
- Apply every morning before your pet is exposed to the sun. Reapply after prolonged exposure or after swimming (for dogs)
- Use especially in areas where the dog or cat has little or no fur and/or in places where the skin has less pigment, such as around the edges of ears, around the nose, the inner thighs, abdomen and areas of scarring.
- It is recommended that you apply the formula all over for cats and dogs with a light coat and/or sensitive skin.
- Please note: Some pets can have an allergic reaction to the formula. Before use, apply the cream to a small patch of skin to see if your pet can use the sun cream.
Itis always recommended to remove SunFREE applied during the day with a mild cleansing milk to avoid accumulation of cream on the skin day after day which might exacerbate irritation.
Dermoscent SunFREE can be used for up to a year after opening.
Other customers also bought
1 - 5 of 10 Reviews
contentAnswer from Medpets
My white cat needs to wear sunscreen on her ears. after researching non-zinc creams I decided to try this one. After wearing this sunscreen for 2 weeks all her fur has fallen out . It has also stripped off the first layer of her skin on her ears. We thought I was initially just her being out in the sun but after layering up the cream and her ears being caked in it every day I've realised that her ears get better when she doesn't wear it. :( I feel like such a bad cat mummy. Her ears are so so sore :(
Happy with product. Dandy not so keen on having cream on her ears but better to be safe than sorry.
Put this on our cat one morning and by the evening he was having an allergic reaction, the next day his ears were red raw and his fur had fallen out. Contacted the company about this and they said they are aware of pets having a reaction to this product... Yet they feel no need to add a warning to the packaging?! Completely careless!Answer from Medpets
Dear Beka, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're very sorry to hear that your cat had an allergic reaction to the sun cream. The responsible departments have since updated the product information with a warning about allergic reactions. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention and once again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope your cat feels better soon! Best regards, Team Vetsend
For the cost of this special cream, I was most disappointed with the size of the tube. My Springer spaniel, Harry has Phemghigus disease. He lost all his hair over his nose, neck which was red raw. Just the leather of his ears were left too. His paws swelled up and very red. He generally was a very Ill boy. I very nearly lost him. Hence, the amount of protection he needs, this small tube will not go far.
Good product, but expensive. Delivered quickly. I was concern that Roswell ( white cat) would attack me when applying his sun cream. He hasn't. It has no smell and he seems to quite enjoy it because he can continue to sunbathe without burning his ears.