- Free veterinary advice
- Free delivery on orders over £59
- Delivery: 2-4 working days
- Free returns *
- Product Description
The packaging of Specific are now made more user friendly. There have also been some adjustments in the weight of the dry food bags. For example, the Specific 2.5kg has been changed to a 2kg bag. Nothing has been fundamentally changed in the composition of the food. However, Specific food now contains natural preservatives as well as better absorbing minerals. For the renewed Specific Crystal Management FCD, please look on our website.
Specific Crystal Prevention FCD/FCW
Struvite and calcium oxalate are the most common causes of urinary tract problems in cats. Specific FCD Crystal Prevention prevents the formation of both types of crystals. In addition, it treats any struvite crystals already present in the body. FCW is the wet food variant of FCD kibble.
Specific FCD can be used for:
- Dissolving existing struvite crystals.
- Preventing the formation of new struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Reducing urinary tract disorders such as (idiopathic) cystitis.
- Healthy cats up to 8 years of age, to prevent urinary crystals from forming.
- Animals with poor digestion/gastrointestinal problems.
Not suitable for:
- Combination with other urinary acidifiers (such as Methigel)
- Kittens under 6 months
- Pregnant or lactating cats
- Animals with other conditions, unless recommended by your veterinarian.
Key features of Crystal Prevention:
- In diets with a low RSS value (RSS = the risk of developing new crystals when using a specific food) the components are dissolved, and the crystals do not form as a result. This food has a low RSS value, so there is a minimal risk of new crystals forming.
- Reduced phosphorus and magnesium content, the building blocks for struvite stones, to prevent the formation of struvite crystals.
- The effect of FCD is not based on a high sodium content.
- The use of this food ensures that the pH of the urine is below 6.4. Thanks to this pH value, any existing struvite stones are dissolved and new stones are less likely to form.
- High quality and easily digestible ingredients ensure optimal intake of nutrients, and the cat may produce fewer stools as a result.
- For cats with recurrent idiopathic cystitis, the wet food (FCW) is recommended.
- FCD also contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support the skin, coat and healthy joints.
Maize protein, wheat, animal fat, fish meal, egg, maize, rice, potato protein, sugar, minerals, buttermilk powder, hydrolysed chicken and turkey protein, vitamins and trace elements, cellulose powder, methionine, plantago psyllium husk, taurine, anti-oxidants, and sunflower oil. Contains no synthetic flavourings or aromas.
Pork, beef, sunflower oil, fish oil, egg, maize, rice, whey powder, minerals, vitamins and trace elements, cellulose powder, methionine, plantago psyllium husk and taurine. Contains no synthetic flavourings, aromas or artificial antioxidants.
Have you used Specific Crystal Prevention FCD/FCW before? Let us know what you think about this product.Write a Review